My friends and I had a very good conversation on Sunday night when we went out for dinner. I’m thankful for the time we spent talking about important stuff, including some reflections of how much we are in need of God this year.
We’re all traveling. This life is the road we’re traveling by, and if you’re a Christian, God will make sure to take you to safe destination– heaven. In the meantime, let’s make sure we’re being responsible in doing everything we can to move forward. Here are some resources I’ve found these days that might be helpful to the ones of you who are doing a yearly review and making resolutions for this new year:
2. Advice for entering the New Year: The Yearly Review: This one came in handy for me. It helped me make an objective assessment of what happened last year, and write clear goals (3-5) for this year. I highly recommend it.
3. Why most people don’t keep their New Year’s resolutions- and how to keep yours: It’s good to make resolutions, but it’s so discouraging when they don’t last for long. Find out why and how to avoid it.
4. Trading one dramatic resolution for 10,000 little ones: Paul David Tripp’s good advice. It’s for the ones of us who worry too much about the big events and the “what if’s”. He encourages people to live every day for God.
5. Find a Bible reading plan for the New Year: (of course)
6. A prayer in praise of our outrageously generous God: This is the most encouraging prayer I’ve found for the new year. It is full of reminders of God’s gracious promises.
God has already placed us in a journey in which we will find joy, pain, suffering and blessings. Most of us don’t know what lies ahead, but let’s be assured that Jesus is able to keep us from stumbling and to present us blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy. May that be our greatest hope this year as we sojourn in this land and await for His return!